Sunday, April 10, 2011

Plans for the homestead....

Hubby and I went to our local Home Depot Store and got some items to refurbish one of my husbands old rabbit pins and to add on it to move our two dutch rabbits from in the home to outside.  I love our rabbits but this past year they raised havoc on my walls even with plastic on them and they have torn down every spay panel we've put up.  So out they go with more room to run.  We will build safety precautions of course.  With one of his larger old rabbit pins we will utilize it too into taking my grandpa's old trailer that isn't good for much will change them into a chicken coop.  We will hopefully have fresh eggs and some peace back in the home. 

I have some planting to do and need to get hubby to TSC to get some fruit trees.  I worked in the fruit garden and got some weeding done got a lot more.  Weeds took it over some last year. 

Kids are hanging out with some of their friends playing in the parks. We're just enjoying this warm weather and trying to get as much done as we can before the rain hits.  We need the rain.  Praise God for all that we have.  Tonight we're having leftovers and just going to enjoy quiet time tonight.

Blessings to all,

Sherry

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your keeping yourselves busy!
    I went to TSC today & bought our seeds. We have to wait a few days yet to plant the potatoes. We are planting corn, lettuce, tomatoes, 3 kinds of peppers, cauliflower, green beans, potatoes, carrots, cabbage, onions & cucumbers. We really need to expand our garden! Wow! Did I really say that?! I would have NEVER said that last year! I would love to have some berries but we have no where to put them right now.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miki have you thought of doing planter boxes for strawberries? You can then eventually when you can transplant them. Raspberries don't take much room just a little corner like rhubarb. Just a little food for thought.

    ReplyDelete