Saturday, February 26, 2011

Helpful cooking trick.....

The other day when I was making my chicken flavored noodles from a chicken base.  It didn't give me a good idea on measurement so I had to punt and hope for the best.  It turned out a bit to salty for my family.  So I called my mom and she remembered hearing years ago to add a potato to it.  It turns out the starch from the potato draws out the salt.  Take a regular size white potato and cut it into at least 4 chunk sizes and drop it into the pot and let it cook with whatever your cooking and it will draw out the salt.  It turned out perfect once I did that.  If ever you run into a problem like that try cutting a potato next time and see if it works for you!

Blessing,

Sherry

2 comments:

  1. I've heard that in the past, but have never tried it. Good to know it works. Guess I'll have to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. I am still trying to figure things out on how to leave comments and still don't know how to see other sites. So I apologize for being green at all of this. I hope it works for you.

    Blessings,

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete