Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hello again....

It has been such a long time it seems.  Life is funny when you loose your computer, it makes you remember what is life was like before computers.  I felt lost and unconnected with friends and family.  It is funny how now we seem to communicate more with computers of all sorts.  It use to be that we would pick up a phone or sit down and write a letter.  Now it seems that most of us now pick up a pen and paper less and less or not at all.  Writing letters seems to be a lost art.  Everythings seems to be going more and more virtual.  

Today has been such a beautiful day, my girls and I were able to get out and trim up some bushes.  Boy did they ever need a hair cut.  This week has been a life changing experience, for the first time in 11 years my husband is now on days.  It is such a blessing.  We now get to act more like most normal families.  It has been only seeing my husband a few hours a day, to several hours a day. 

I just want to tell everyone that I hope that you have a blessed Saint Patricks Day. 

I have been doing a lot of planning for our little homestead.  We are studing plans on raising chickens.  We don't know a lot about them or building a chicken coop but we are learning.  If anyone raises them and has advice please let me know.  What are the best layers and friendliest.  I have learned that you don't need a rooster unless you want to bread.  I know that  you just need to feed them oyster shell to make the eggs hard. 

I am planning on planting more fruit trees and make my garden larger.  I am so excited but need to build up my dirt.  We don't have the best dirt.  Where our garden is use to be a building, we keep finding glass and other items.  So I am planning on puting possible sand, compost and some sort of fertilizer on it.  Our dirt is not clay but kindof hard.  I am just excited to get it going but we have to wait another month in a half. 

We are also wanting to build up a few patio's around our house.  I know that we have a lot of irons in the fire and know we may not get it all done but it is good to set goals.  Well I don't have any other exciting news in my neighborhood to share with you. 

So I wish you a blessed day and week,
Blessings,

Sherry

2 comments:

  1. Here is a blog with a lot of info on livestock.
    homesteadgardenandpantry.com

    I thought for sure that I commented on this post before but haven't seen it posted so I wanted to make sure that you got this blog addy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Miki! Hope all is well with you and your family.

    Blessings,

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete