Thursday, March 24, 2011

My challange for myself.....

I had read an article in one of the woman's magazines called the Paleo diet.  I think that is how it is spelled.  It is about going back to the basics of early man.  It's kindof like the Atkins diet but not as much.  You drink of course lots of water, eat mostly meat, then veggies, a little bit of fruit, then whole grains, some fats and a bit of herbs.  The main idea I got out of it cut out sugar except from fruits and white flour.  Hardly any breads.  The other thing is dairy is the other no, no.  They said the reason for this is they didn't have it except from your mother back then.  I am trying it the hardest thing for me is dairy. I have cut back on my dairy but it is still hard.  I have a glass sometimes during dinner and eat my yoghurt with breakfast.  I can't see throwing away my ceral so I am eating that with breakfast while working.  So I have just started and tring to make changes with our family is a slow process but getting their.  

Blessings,

Sherry

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your dietary changes. It is very hard to relearn. Are you making changes as a way of eating healthier or as a weight loss helper? Eating right is a factor in losing weight but exercising is the major factor if that is your goal. Take it from someone who has been there, cardio is the best way to drop pounds. You really need a program that makes you sweat. I didn't start losing anything until I added a cardio workout in. Then it just started dropping off. It's really just a simple math thing. You need to burn more calories than you take in everyday. It takes burning 3500 calories to lose 1 pound. Yeah that doesn't sound very encouraging does it? :) But eventually it does work. It is harder at first when you are trying to lose weight. You have to work very, very hard but once it is gone then it gets easier & you don't have to work out as much.
    I wish you all the best in the changes that you are making. If you need any help let me know!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, to be honest Miki I am hoping for both. I am trying to improve my life in everyway. My life has been on hold for a long time and I haven't taken care of me. So I am setting myself on a life changing experience. I am not only wanting to loose weight and to get healthier but improve my surroundings. I have spent so many years taking care of everyone one else that I have negelted myself and my family. So I am always up for ideas and cheering session. My husbands work has a health challenge going on right now and I signed up for that. It is a 12 week program and you have an option to continue after that. You get points for so many minutes you exerciese in a day and per week you can win prizes. I'm always up for free prizes. Yea buddy!

    ReplyDelete