Thursday, March 24, 2011

This has been a tough week....

This week it seems that I have had a test in my faith, God knows I call upon him but it seems that faith breakers have been trying me.  One of my long time acquaintance's gave me a little saying that I hope to always to remember.  "When Satan tries to remind you of your past, remind him of his future."    When he said this to me today I just about fell to my knees and cried.  It was like the music to my ears that I needed to hear for quit some time in my life.  Maybe I've heard it but my focus was never their in the right direction.   Without my faith I am nothing.  


I have been tested in so many ways this week that it has drained my energy.  I have had a co-worker question my every move and what seems like my existance.  I have had family members beat me down.  My mom and her friend Marcia went to see Marcia's 95 year old mother-in-law and when I needed my mom and just the simple hug of my  mom I couldn't even go to her.  I missed my mom.  I can't even fathom not having my mom their.  As we age I know our days are getting shorter and her health isn't the greatest.  
My father is still living but we no longer  have a relationship due to his doings.  We don't have a healthy relationship and I will leave it as that.  Maybe sometime I will expain more but now is not the time.

On the other hand a few days ago I cut and trimmed some bushes and possibly some of them had some posin ivy on it and I now have a bad case of it.  Today I had to get a shot and some pills which knocks me out.  I dont' like being this tired.  UGH!

I had toaked to some wonderful friends of mine and my families and we were talking about gardening and I can't wait to get started.  I have an asparagus plant that I can't wait to get into the ground.  I am wanting to get my potatoes planted and other veggies.  Do any of you have your gardens started.  Here in the upper tri-state area it is to cold.  It was the other day in 60's and today we didn't even make it out of the 30's, which realy stinks since I have spring fever really bad.

I am hoping since I don't have to work tomorrow I will be able to bake some bread.  I had hoped to a few weeks ago but do to schedules and life getting in the way I haven't had the chance.  When I  cleaned out my freezer I have found that I have several fruit items and veggies that need to be made into items.  My husband God bless him isn't very adventures for trying new things hasn't liked some of the veggie items that I made.  But he is a trooper and ate it even though it wasn't his favorite.  One item was Spinish and smoked sausage with mashed potatoes.  This was a meal that my mom made a lot when I was a kid.  You cook it all day in your slow cooker and boy oh boy does it ever taste good.  I did it with green beans that I had frozen from our garden that I need to cook and cooked it with it and it wasn't bad, I added some herbs to flavor it some more.

One thing I am thinking of today is trying to think of onething I am thankful for and the best thing that comes to my mind besides my family is: freedom of being able to worship God without being persucuited.

Blessings to you all and may you have a blessed week,

Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment