Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tonight's dinner

Another busy day on our little homestead.  I had doctors appointments today, not very fun.  Then it was late in the afternoon when we got done with that so we had to get lunch and of course it we were out of town.  We ate at Chick Fil-A.  I love that restaurant since it is a Christian company and you can pick healthier options.
Then I had to go to another county so my oldest could drop off an application for a job and mail one off.  Whew!  It is now after 6pm and I left around 11 am.  What a day!  So here is what I am doing for dinner tonight. I have leftover chicken and broth from my roasted chicken last night.  I am making a mock chicken pot pie.

Left over chicken, cut up two potatoes, two carrots, two celery stalks, small amount of lima beans (frozen), small frozen bag of green beans, and corn (this is a small  bag that we put up).  I also used some herbs and a small can of cream of mushroom and a can of flaky biscuits torn in half cover and bake for 1 hour at 350*. I cover with foil and if need to brown uncover and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly brown.

Blessings,

Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment